- This event has passed.
Blue Mountains Writing Retreat September 11-15, 2020
11 September 2020 - 15 September 2020
Take a creative leap forward
Whether you have an idea or a well-developed manuscript this retreat means three full days and four nights of inspirational workshops and sharing with other spirited scribblers. It’s your chance to take a creative and productive leap forward with your work.
Workshops by award-winning writers
Three esteemed Australian writers will deliver workshops:
- Poet, teacher and consultant at Varuna, the National Writers’ House, Vanessa Kirkpatrick will launch the retreat with a workshop on Friday night.
- Novelist and University of Sydney Creative Writing professor Belinda Castles takes us for a bushland writing-and-walking workshop on Saturday; and
- Poet, author of 13 books and celebrated writing teacher Mark Tredinnick OAM takes us on a deep dive into creativity on Sunday.
Extra activities – or more time to write
Each day there’ll be hours free for writing. Other activities you may choose to join include:
- Morning yoga-and-writing workshops.
- One-on-one feedback on your work (submitted in advance) with one of our guest writers.
- Private event at Gleebooks, Blackheath, where manager Victoria Jefferys will talk to us about the current state of the book-selling business in Australia and let us loose to browse and shop at a discount.
- Lunch surrounded by the worlds’ largest private collection of teapots, with a related writing workshop.
Glenella Guest House
We have the whole of Glenella Guest House, in the centre of quirky and historic Blackheath, for our retreat. All meals, accommodation, workshops and outings are included in the price. Glenella has ensuite Heritage rooms and Basic rooms with shared bathroom facilities. All the rooms are cosy and comfortable plus there’s a huge dining room, lounges, a fireplace, verandahs and garden to work in. Bushwalking trails and the inspirational views of Govett’s Leap and Evans Lookout are close by, or enjoy Blackheath’s cafes, antique and clothing stores, and several lovely galleries.
Meals, accommodation, transport for outings and workshops are all included.
Heritage Room (ensuite double) $1,195
Heritage Room (ensuite single) $1,595
Basic Room (share bathroom, double) $900
Basic Room (share bathroom, single) $1,195
For morning information: https://events.humanitix.com/bluemountainswritingretreat